- IPA (key): /əˈrɛst/, SAMPA: /@"r\Est/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ar‧rest
- If you are arrested you are caught by the police.
- If something arrests something else, it stops it.
- His development was arrested by the disease.
- If something arrests it stops.
- We called the ambulance after his heart arrested this morning.
Related words and phrasesEdit
- An arrest is when the police catch someone.
- They made several arrests last night.
- An arrest is someone caught by the police.
- Hey, that punk was my arrest, don't you try to take credit.
- An arrest is stopping, most often used for the heart.
- He went into cardiac arrest (his heart stopped) at 8:37 this morning.