- (countable) A bowl is a deep dish.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Why don't you let me fix you a nice hot bowl of soup.
- (countable) The bowl is the part of an object that looks like a bowl.
- When's the last time you cleaned the toilet bowl?
- (US) (countable) An important American football game played outside the regular season is sometimes called the ~ bowl.
- These two teams will head to the Super Bowl to decide the champion.
- (US) (countable) A stadium is sometimes called the ~ bowl.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday evening, you can hear the finest classical music at the Hollywood Bowl.
- (transitive & intransitive) (sports) If you bowl, you roll a ball along the ground or floor as part of a game.
- (transitive & intransitive) (sports) If you bowl in cricket, you throw the ball at the batsman.
- (intransitive) If you are bowling along, down, etc., you are moving very fast.
- We were bowling down the hill when we hit a tree.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you bowl somebody over, you hit them when you are running and make them fall down.