- We measure an angle using degrees. All the way around a circle is 360 degrees. Often, ° is written instead of "degrees".
- A right-angled triangle has an angle of 90 degrees.
- We measure how hot or how cold it is (temperature) using degrees on a scale, such as Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- It's going to be 35 degrees Celsius today.
- The amount that an object has of a certain quality.
- To what degree do the two accounts of the accident agree?
- Any units used to measure specific gravity, bitterness, darkness, etc. in manufacturing commodities.
- An award (usually better than a diploma but not as good as a doctorate) given by a university or, in some countries, a college
- After four years at university, she got her degree.
- The number of edges that a vertex is part of.
- The corner of a cube is of degree 3, but the corners of an eight-sided solid have degree 4.
|Punctuation marks (edit)|