- Division is the act of dividing a whole thing into parts.
- The division of the pie by the children happened with very little fighting.
- (uncountable) Division is the process or calculation of dividing a number by another number.
- I've got ten divisions to do for my homework.
- (countable) Divisions are the parts of something after division.
- There are four divisions (or sections) in a classical pas de deux.
- (countable) A division is a large military unit (group of soldiers)
- (countable) A division is a section of a large company.
- This division of GenericTech specializes in the manufacturing of routers.
- When scientists are grouping kinds of animals, a division is a kind of group (Latin divisio) below kingdom and above class.
- Magnolias belong to the division Magnoliophyta.
- (countable) A division is a difference of viewpoint between two sides of an argument.
- There is a division in the Senate between politicians who support abortions and politicians who do not.
- (countable) A division is a piece of music (melody), played with musical instruments, in the 17th and 18th centuries based on another piece.
- (countable) A division is a set of pipes in a pipe organ.
- (countable) A division is a concept where a common group of debtors (people who owe money) are only responsible for part of the total debt.
|Basic math (edit)|
- This short entry needs someone to make it better. You can help Wiktionary by adding to it.