- guide is part of the Basic English 850.
- someone who guides.
- a document or book that offers information or instruction; guidebook.
- a sign that guides people; guidepost.
- any marking or object that catches a person's attention for quick reference.
- a device that guides part of a machine, or guides motion or action.
- a spirit thought to speak through a medium.
- a member of a group marching in formation who sets the pattern of movement for the rest.
- to serve as a guide for someone or something.
- to steer or navigate.
- to use control or influence over someone or something.
- to supervise the education of someone.
- To act as a guide.