- IPA (key): /leɪbə/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: la‧bour
- Labour is the work that people do, usually lifting, moving, building, etc. rather than desk work.
- The cost of labour is higher than the cost of building materials.
- Labour is the people who do this kind of work.
- There's a big labour shortage in the construction industry.
- Labour is the name of a big political party in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Labour won the election.
- (intransitive) If you labour, you work hard.
- He laboured over the food all afternoon to get ready for dinner.
- (transitive) If you labour the point, you keep talking about it after people understand it well.