- (countable) A market is a place where many people come to buy and sell things.
- It's time to take the cows to the market.
- (countable) The market is the stock market.
- The market rose Tuesday on good results from the banking sector.
- Cable stocks have lost an estimated market value of $ 6 to $ 8 billion.
- (countable) A market is a group of people or businesses that might buy goods or services.
- The government is trying to help farmers find a new market for their grain.
- The financial and oil markets continued to react negatively to the news from the war.
- (countable) A market is the total amount or value of a particular kind of goods or services bought or sold.
- The company already has a 54-percent share of the commercial jet market.
- (transitive) If you market something, you make it available for sale and you try to get people to buy it.
- Manufacturers who spend millions to develop new drugs heavily market their products.