- (countable) A relation is the way two things are towards each other or in comparison with each other.
- This building looks too big in relation to the size of the houses on the street.
- The children sitting in the boat were moving in relation to their parents who were sitting on the shore because the boat was going away from shore.
- There is a relation between eating good food and being healthy.
- (countable) A relation is a member of ones' family.
- I have an uncle, two aunts and three cousins but no other relations.
- (mathematics) (countable) A relation is a statement of equality between two products of generators that are used when showing a group.