Who I am: I am an American. I am a computer programmer. I am working on Simple Wiktionary. I am teaching English in China.
Enough about me.
I just seemed to lose a number of edits. Do not see them in the logs, and I guess I was logged out on my last few as it has my IP address.
Okay, I am working on a bot called MrLister. As the name implies it works with lists. You can see an example output here.
Adding a listEdit
Add your list to the end of LISTS. Each list must be collated correctly. Here is the format:
- There is a title section that contains the title and some bot commands.
- Commands // = supplied argument
- Collate:/PAGE/ -- specifies what page to read for the section headings for the collating sequence
- Makelist(fulllist,hwonly,hwonly-rl,rl,audioBR,audioUS,IPA,SAMPA,stats) -- hw=head word, rl=redlinks, gl=green link (missing POS)
- Include(stats) -- include statistics as the end of the heading
- Each line starts with a headword and continues with derived words
- The list ends with ENDLIST
- Need a program to convert from IPA to SAMPA and SAMPA to IPA.
- The percent bars here need work: here
- Added BNC1-14
- Write output lists
- Checks for:
- Write stats templates
- Add additional lists:
- VOA list
- Page difficulty ratings
- Format checker
- Translations (new bot?)
Test Bot Development at present (Alpha:Active)
Hi there TeacherJeff. Plesae format your entries appropriately. When you make a new page, please follow these guidelines:
- All part of speech headers should be Level 2 headers.
- All definitions should start something like this:
For example, in frost, in the noun definition, you should start off the entry with Frost is and then what you wrote. Please read some of my earlier entries that I have made to see how to properly format an entry.
- Thanks, I found a useful example. I was worried about creating too many pages that didn't conform. Keep an eye on my edits and see if I am getting them right now!!! Teacher Jeff (Talk) 11:55, 1 May 2010 (UTC)
- Jeff, please take a look at the changes I have made to many of the pages you have started. I am still seeing some of the same errors. Parts of speech are level 2 headers (==Noun, Verb, Adjective, etc==, other spellings, pronunciation and subsections are level 3 headers (===Pronunciation, Synonyms, Related words, See also, etc===. All definitions should start with a capital letter and end in a period. Please let me know if you have any questions. · Tygrrr... 21:15, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
- Opps! Thanks!!! Teacher Jeff (Talk) 03:26, 9 May 2010 (UTC)