- (not before a noun) If someone is alone, they are not with other people.
- She looked around to make sure that she was alone before opening the desk.
- (not before a noun) If someone is alone, they have no friends or people they know.
- He felt very alone in Canada and wanted to go home.
- If you do something alone, you do it without other people.
- She went walking alone because she wanted to think.
- When you talk about something alone, you mean only that thing.
- It will take weeks for the planning alone.
- We can't open it. The owner alone has the key.