- An auxiliary worker is one who assists the main workers.
- The auxiliary police receive basic police training but cannot carry a weapon.
- An auxiliary motor or power supply starts working if the main one stops.
- Because the computers are so important in an emergency, they need an auxiliary power supply.
- (grammar) An auxiliary verb is a verb such as be, do, or will that "helps" another verb. (Wiktionary has a list of English auxiliary verbs.)
- The progressive in English typically uses the auxiliary verbs be or get.
- (countable) An auxiliary is a person who assists the main workers.
- A number of auxiliaries were brought in to cover the sick workers.
- (countable) An auxiliary is an organization that that supports another organization.
- The Ladies’ Auxiliary started when women were asked to help injured soldiers returning home.
- (countable) (grammar) An auxiliary is an auxiliary verb.
- That sentence needs an auxiliary.