- When something is from someone, the person gave or sent it.
- I got a gift from my grandmother today.
- When someone is from a place, that's where they started.
- I am Chinese. I come from Hunan province.
- Sorry I'm late. I just came from school.
- You use from to talk about distances between thing in space or time.
- Saturn is far from earth.
- School is 5km from my home.
- The year 2515 is a long time from now.
- This short entry needs someone to make it better. You can help Wiktionary by adding to it.