- happy is part of the Basic English 850.
- When you feel happy, you feel positive, usually because something nice has happened.
- Synonyms: content, contented, pleased, glad, joyful, cheerful, in high spirits, blissful, exultant, ecstatic, rhapsodic, delighted, cheery, jovial and on cloud nine
- Antonyms: sad, unhappy, discontent, discontented, unpleased, joyless, cheerless, in low spirits, depressed, gloomy, miserable, dismal and sombre
- He was happy.
- Causing happiness.
- Antonyms: sad, depressing, gloomy, miserable, cheerless, distressing, heartbreaking, heart-rending, poignant, moving, sombre and disheartening
- Her room is happy.
- Antonyms: unhappy, unlucky, unfortunate, unfavorable, unfavourable, inopportune, fateful, ill-fated, doomed, star-crossed, ill-starred, ill-omened and inauspicious
- It was a happy chance that they met there.