- man is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) A man is a male human.
- He was a young man with blue eyes.
- (comparable) A human being of either sex; a person.
- God cares for all races and all man
- God made man in his own image
- Scientists and biologists think that man and animals evolved over the years, and that man evolved from a "human" species such as "homo erectus" or "neanderthals" and that man first stood up, millions of years ago, but this isn't true
- You use man to show your surprise or disappointment.
- Oh man, I wanted to do the dishes!