- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈ(h)juː.mən/ or [ˈ(ç)ju̟ːmən] or [ˈ(ç)ju̟ːmn̩]
- (US) enPR: (h)yo͞oʹmən or (h)yo͞omʹn, IPA (key): /ˈ(h)ju.mən/ or [ˈ(ç)ju̟mən] or [ˈ(ç)ju̟mn̩]
- Hyphenation: hu‧man
A drawing of two humans
and a woman
- Human rights, life, nature, etc. belong or relate to people, not machines or animals.
- Every person has human rights.
- My dog doesn't like dog food, he likes to eat human food, such as meat, like us.
- (countable) A human is a person; a member of the Homo sapiens species.
- What effect are we humans having on the natural world?