- If something is marginal, it is not very large, important or central.
- But this discussion is marginal to the real issue.
- (in finance) The marginal profit, tax rate, etc. is the percent earned or paid on one more unit of production or income.
- Large scale economies tend to mean that the marginal cost of serving an additional customer is either zero or very small.
- If something is marginal, it is low quality, almost unacceptable.
- His writing is marginal at best. I don't think he'll pass.
- If something is marginal, it is written in a margin.
- I can't read the marginal notes.