- (uncountable) Platinum is an element of the periodic table with the atomic number 78. Its symbol is Pt.
- (uncountable) Platinum is also the silver-grey metal made of platinum atoms.
- With a density of 21,4, platinum is one of the densest materials known to Earth.
- (countable) Atom of the element platinum.
- (uncountable) Platinum is the silver-grey color of the metal.
- (countable); (music) A platinum is a musical recording that has sold over one million copies (for singles), or two million (for albums)
- Something platinum has the silver-grey color of the metal.
- She has always had her strange platinum hair.