- (countable) A pause or break.
- You need to take a rest.
- (countable) (music) A mark in music showing counts that are not played.
- That quarter-note is followed by three rests.
- (countable) Remainder, what is left.
- I will take the rest of the money.
- (countable) Sleep.
- You need rest.
- A rest is a place where you can put something, often your arm.
- To take a break.
- He rested for five minutes.
- To be located somewhere.
- The statue rests on the mantle.
- To place something in a place.
- He rested his foot on the stair.
- To sleep.
- Synonym: sleep
- The baby is resting.
- To be dead.
- Rest in peace.
- She is resting in Jesus.
- Karen rests in a tomb.