- (UK) enPR: hwĕn, IPA (key): /ʍɛn/, SAMPA: /WEn/
- (US) enPR: wĕn or hwĕn, IPA (key): /wɛn/ or /ʍɛn/, SAMPA: /wEn/ or /WEn/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- at what time; on what occasion
- "When did you start learning English?" – "Three years ago."
- "When does the film start?" – "At seven o'clock."
- When was the last time you went to your local library?
- at the time
- She phoned me when I was in the bath.
- It was the year 1996 when I met John.
- When I get up, I always drink a cup of coffee.