- copper is part of the Basic English 850.
- (uncountable) Copper is a metal that is a red-brown colour. Sometimes coins of small value are made from copper. The symbol for copper is Cu with an atomic number of 29.
- Water comes into our house through copper pipes.
- (countable) A copper is a penny, a coin of small value made of copper.
- Could you give me a copper? I have almost enough money to buy that thing.
- (countable) (slang) A copper is a police officer.
- The copper arrested him for stealing.
- Made of copper.
- The copper statue has turned green.
- Having the reddish-brown colour/color of copper
- The copper couch will look really nice with that wallpaper.