- Away from somewhere or some time.
- I got ready and by 7:00 I was off to school.
- There's a nice restaurant just off the main road.
- Bye, I'll be off now.
- He was standing about 50 m off.
- Your birthday's only a few days off now.
- If something is off it is not on.
- He pushed the book off the table, and it fell to the floor.
- She took the hat off his head.
- Keep your feet off the desk, please.
- Out of a vehicle such as a train, bus, etc.
- As the train stopped, he jumped off and ran to her.
- If something that uses energy is off, it is not working.
- It was dark in the room because the light was off.
- He turned the TV off and went to bed.
- If you are off, you do not have to go to work or to school.
- I work evenings, but I have my afternoons off.
- made smaller by a certain amount
- They've taken 30% off the price.
- We cut off a few pieces.
- If a plan, event, etc. is off, it will not happen.
- Tonight's game is off because of the rain.
- They've called off the meeting.
- If you're off something, you don't like or want something you wanted before.
- That article really put me off meat.
- If you're off some medicine, you are not using it any more.
- He's been off the pain killers for a few weeks.
- If food is off, it is not good to eat anymore.