- cold is part of the Basic English 850.
- If something is cold, it is low in temperature.
- The wind made her hands cold.
- It's going to be very cold today so wear a jacket.
- If someone is cold, they are not kind.
- Synonym: unkind
- Antonym: kind
- She's always so friendly to everyone, but she's really cold to him.
- If you have cold feet, you are nervous about something you planned to and you feel like not doing it.
- I almost took the new job, but in the end I got cold feet.
- If you give someone the cold shoulder, you ignore them or you are unfriendly towards them.
- If you stop cold, you stop very suddenly.
- If you are out cold, you are unconscious.
- A cold light or colour is a one, often with some blue, that makes you feel cold or empty.
- If you do something cold, you do it without any preparation.
- Cold cash is coins and bills, not promises to pay.
- If something leaves you cold, it doesn't interest you at all.
- If someone's or something's trail is cold, you can't find them because they have been missing for too long.